Senior Environmental Engineer
Mr. Bata brings over twenty years of extensive experience in environmental and groundwater engineering, contaminated sites, and business/operations management. He is proficient in all phases of environmental investigations, monitoring programs, remediation, emergency responses, and civil engineering. His professional experience includes contaminated sites, climate change upgrades, waste management, water supply, hydrogeology and surface/groundwater engineering.
SPECIALIZED PROFESSIONAL COMPETENCIES
Environmental/ Contaminated Sites Compliance:
- Hands-on experience with the current provincial and federal regulatory framework.
- Provided project management and project expertise for complex public and private stakeholders, including major petroleum companies federal, provincial and local governmental bodies, insurance companies and First Nations.
- Completed numerous contaminated sites investigations and environmental closure programs, resulting in obtaining twelve Certificates of Compliance from BC Ministry of Environment.
- Lead engineer in several environmental emergency response projects, including immediate spill response and mitigation measures, remediation planning and implementation and subsequent environmental monitoring.
- Project manager/lead engineer for multiple remote locations as a part of the province wide Underground Storage Tank management program on First Nations’ lands.
Hydrogeology and Groundwater Engineering:
- Mathematical models of groundwater flow and transport of contamination.
- Feasibility studies, preliminary and final design for industrial facilities and district water supply well fields.
- Complex groundwater investigations and regular monitoring programs for active industrial facilities throughout BC.
- Geotechnical assessments including sewage system design, effluent holding lagoons and assisting in proposed/developed subdivisions.
- Participated in developing and/or upgrading well-water supply systems for First Nations.
- Monitoring programs and closure plans for several municipal landfills throughout the north-central BC, including monitoring network design and installation, analytical program development; redeveloping small disposal sites into transfer stations.
- Managed operations, from 6 to 30 professionals, continuously improving the overall performance.
- Actively involved in shareholders endeavors.
- Excellent organizational and multidisciplinary coordination skills.
- Strong team player with high level of professional commitment to the organization and team developments.
- Proven record of fiscally responsible and excellent client service.
P.Eng. Engineers and Scientists British Columbia