Mr. Dimitri Bojinescu is a Mechanical Engineer Associate for the Mining and Energy Group at Haag Canada. He has over 30 years of professional experience in mechanical engineering involving a wide range of Mining, Oil and Gas, and Energy projects, from design to commissioning and failure investigation. Mr. Bojinescu has experience in all forms of mining globally with extensive involvement with Coal Handling, Iron Ore Mining and Oil Sands Processing throughout Canada and parts of the U.S. He has vast experience working as a designer and service support for both manufacturers and owners in the mining industry.
Professional Engineering License – AB - Association of Professional Engineers, Geoscientists of Alberta (APEGA)
SPECIALIZED PROFESSIONAL COMPETENCIES
- Strong technical background with extensive experience in mechanical engineering, focused on Power Transmission, Rotating Equipment for Minerals Processing, and Bulk Materials Handling.
- In depth experience and involved in all aspects of Project Management and cost control on various projects up to $100MM, structured and developed as lump sum EPCM and/or reimbursable contracts.
- Involved in all aspects of Project Execution from “Greenfield” stage, planning and design, through construction and commissioning, including bidding and contract negotiation.
- Good site experience with an in-depth knowledge of equipment and Owner’s facilities.
- Specialized in designing, managing and optimizing open pit mining and minerals processing equipment, bulk material handling systems, overland conveyor systems, cement kilns, mobile and semi-mobile crushing plants, apron and belt feeders, slurry/water pumps, compressor packages, mineral sizers, rotary breakers and double roll crushers.
- Prioritize tasks in an organized and efficient manner, comfortable working independently or in a team and under pressure to reach deadlines.
- Possess: OSSA Orientation, CSTS, Confined Space Entry, Confined Space Monitor and Fall Arrest, all issued by ACSA, First Aid/CPR Certificate issued by St. John Ambulance.
- Member of the Registration Committee for APEGA as Subject Matter Expert for Mechanical/Mining Discipline.
- Granted two patents for equipment upgrades by Canadian Patent Office and United States Patent and Trademark Office.
Thyssenkrupp Industrial Solutions, Calgary, AB